Monday, August 10, 2009

A BOOK ABOUT MINDANAO THEATRE HISTORY

Dr. Arthur Casanova sent me an email asking for write ups and pictures that our group could share for his new book, KASAYSAYAN AT PAG-UNLAD NG DULAANG MINDANAO (HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF MINDANAO THEATER) to be published by the UST Publishing House.

With this, I am finding time to write our theater experience. How I personally started and how our group have started also... I am still in the process of looking for all the pictures. I have also asked my sister to send me all the pictures she can find in our computers as we both have saved a lot from our workshops to the shows that we did, and other projects... My sister and I both started and grew in theater experience with Pasundayag... We were part of the scholars under the Panday Sining Project spearheaded by Mozart Pastrano, Pasundayag's artistic director... And from that monthlong workshop, everything is history-----

Dr. Arthur Casanova have been collecting data for five years now, using all means of communications but some people are so busy and most of them have no documentations. Hence, our narratives could help in coming up with a valuable information for a theater history book. With this in mind, I am excited to be part of it..

The other year, his book KASAYSAYAN AT PAG-UNLAD NG DULAANG PAMBATA SA PILIPINAS (HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN'S THEATER IN THE PHILIPPINES) won the NATIONAL BOOK WAWARD for BEST CULTURAL BOOK from the Manila Critics Circle and the NATIONAL BOOK DEVELOPMENT BOARD

His next book KASAYSAYAN AT PAG-UNLAD NG DULAANG PANTINEDYER SA PILIPINAS (HISTORY AND DEVELOPMENT OF TEENS THEATER IN THE PHILIPPINES) will soon be off the press.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Search this Blog