Sunday, November 7, 2010

My 1st week in Singapore

My cousins, Princess, Precious, King and Kyna Dy are also here in Singapore. Good for them they are here for purely leisure. While me and my sister are here for job hunting. Our 1st day of the hunt, we went to our uncle's agency, printed and submitted our resume for them to help us look for a job as well. We took a short walk around Orchard Blvd to see the big city's shopping district only to find out we cannot find the subway...so we had to go back to my uncle's office to ask. My 2nd day was awful yet exciting, I had stomachache due to their water. They said that their tap water is clean...that is only to those who got used to it. The exciting part though is that we went out to the park for barbecue and met up with our other cousins, they're quite a shy and silent types though so never had the chance to talk about a lot of things, in other words its a one answer to your question moment. But i enjoyed the barbecue, the bike ride an the park itself. Take note, their community park has no mosquitoes around or I was never bitten by one and to think I am prone to being bitten by mosquitoes. My 3rd day was exhausting so it was purely rest. My 1st Sunday here in Singapore is funny because I can't remember the church that I went to way back in 2006, we had to look for one for us to hear mass. We went to Saint Andrews, seeing that there is a Filipino Service scheduled at 2PM, late to realized that it was not a mass but only a typical Community Service when we were already there. So since we were not comfortable being there, we went out and look for a church that is not ecclesiastical but catholic. From Saint Andrews, we walked all the way to Raffles City and to Bugis Village. It took us an hour to find a church in St. Joseph, good thing their mass is yet to start at 5PM. whew!

I will be posting other details of my trips especially this Singapore trip on my other blog page mga suroy-suroy or in english translation...my travels.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Search this Blog