Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Nurse: Is it really a White Collar Job?!?

In 2003, I took an entrance exam for a course in Nursing at one of the universities in CDOC. I thought I wanted to become a nurse. But I didn't pursue it. Now looking at a lot of nursing graduates with problems in finding a job at any of the local hospitals in the city. I confirmed to myself, "Good thing, I didn't not pursue it." While browsing online, I see friends in scrubs thinking they have wanted to become a nurse to earn more. My question is how can they earn more if they are still in our country and a lot of them are looking for the same job? Talking about the supply and the demand of nurses and nursing jobs.

Yes, it is a white collar job. Wearing different uniforms and scrubs everyday. Making sure that he or she looks clean or tidy. But will it pay good money? Uh-uhmmmmmm not when you are still in the country. In fact some fresh graduates who are already registered nurses are paying some local hospitals just so they can hooked up. In other words, so they can be enlisted as volunteers and have it listed under their experience as nurses. So it is the volunteers paying the company. Funny but oh so true.

Just recently though, it was reported in the news that the government is planning to give allowances to those nurse volunteers to avoid an issue. Which means, it was confirmed that it is not just locally but a nationwide concern? What is going on?! These people may be wearing those medical lab coats, they may be saving other people's lives and just like everyone else, they deserved to be compensated exactly on how they have exerted their efforts on their jobs.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Search this Blog