Thursday, February 11, 2010

BEWARE OF HACKERS & PHISHERS

Ate Amy of AMIABLE AMY is the current victim of hackers and phishers. The bad thing is, it has spiraled to include her friends being victimized and Ate Amy's identity had been ruined. Imagine some victimizing your friends and leading them to think that they are dealing with you and instead give their money to some stranger.. That is really very bad. To avoid this, we should be careful on every link we click as they maybe be phishing links. Be careful in entering your information, email addresses and passwords.. And most especially, bank accounts.

To read about Ate Amy's unfortunate experience, click here.

1 comment:

amiable amy said...

thank you so much, Honey girl...this is really a great help for others too to be aware...

if we suspect and doubt the persons identity, we should not hesitate to ask questions...

that is what i did to the person who pretended to be PATTY AYAD, the first victim in my circle...


she sent me a link telling me it was her pictures last december in New York... i did and it sent me to flixter page and so i log in...

everything start on that day

i just found out yesterday that it was her account because the modos operandi goes like

1. she will say good things about you

2. she will then, offer you business deals

3. she will want to see your webcam

as for me, i find it weird that she talk to me longer and she had her ways of talking that i suspect its not her..

i did not open my webcam and i said NO FIRMLY to the proposal on the business

i was not a victim in this regard but, since I click the link, she had access to my email account...

i save bank mails, personal emails from friends, blogging notifications and chat archive...

my bad... i should not save any docs in my emails and chat archives

JUST BE CAREFUL everyone...

thank you jud kaayo Honey girl..

Add to Technorati Favorites

Search this Blog